|Sri Sadashiva Campus , Puri one of the
largest and premier campus among all the campuses under the
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan , New Delhi is the renamed institution
of Sri Sadashiva Kendriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha , Puri and only a
continuity after taken over and transfer of management of this
erstwhile premier Sadashiva College of Odisha on 15.8.1971 .
With very glorious achievement records , this institution in
different shape and position from time to time have been imparting
traditional Sanskrit learning dating back to nearly 1865.
By the initiative of Late Pdt. H.H. Dash , an erudite and eminent
scholar of that time , it started as a Sanskrit Toll with the
financial assistance of the Highness Digvijaya Singh Bahadur of
Balarampur (UP) . It became a school in 1888 under the supervision
of a Committee headed by the Collector , Puri .
With the untiring efforts of Sri Sadashiva Mishra , who was a
brilliant achievement and product of the Toll / School , it was
raised to the level of a college in about the year 1918 with the
rent free gift of the present premises by the then Govt. of Orissa
In recognition of his services rendered , the State Govt. named the
college after him in 1951 and Shree Sadashiva Campus , Puri came
into existence after separating the Ayurveda branch from it .
Finally the institution has been renamed as Shree Sadashiva Campus ,
Puri consequent upon grant it Deemed University status to Rashtriya
Sanskrit Sansthan on 7.5.2002 . It is worth while to mention here
that in India most of the Sanskrit institutions either established
by the members of the ruling class , land Barons , Political pears
but this institution has set up , brought up and nourished by
traditional Sanskrit scholars , the sons of the Soil .